Patrick Sweeney is a partner with the firm. He received his law degree from the University of Ottawa in 1976 and was called to the British Columbia Bar in 1977.
Mr. Sweeney’s preferred areas of practice are personal injury law,insurance law, professional negligence, employment law and professional responsibility and discipline.
His community involvement has included the following:
- Law Society of British Columbia Futures Committee – 2000 to 2004
- Annual Instructor – Civil Procedure and Advocacy at University of Victoria Law School
- Lecturer – Professional Legal Training Course
- Lecturer – Continuing Legal Education Society
- Member – Canadian Bar Association Provincial Council
- Member – Executive of the Victoria Bar Association
- Member – Court Liaison Committee
- Instructor – Civil Procedure and Criminal Procedure Bar Admission Courses – Law Society of British Columbia
- Member – Board of Trustees of the Queen Alexandra Hospital for Children and Arbutus Society for Children