Don Farquhar is a senior associate in the firm. He was the managing partner for a number of years. Mr. Farquhar graduated from the University of British Columbia Law School in 1965 and was called to the British Columbia Bar in 1966. He has practiced with Pearlman Lindholm since that date.
Mr. Farquhar’s areas of specialty are personal injury law, libel law,labour law and general civil litigation. He has run countless trials and appeals in all levels of court in British Columbia and has had several landmark decisions in the area of libel law.
Mr. Farquhar was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1984 and was inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers in 1991.
He has been active in the community for many years, including the following:
- President – Senior Northwest Golf Association
- Board Member – Oak Bay Parks and Recreation Commission
- Past President – Victoria Bar Association
- Past Vice Chair – Royal Jubilee Hospital Board of Directors
- Past Chair – Board of Trustees of Greater Victoria Hospital Society
- Past Chair – Policy Advisory Committee for Victoria Health Project
- Past President – Uplands Golf Club
- Past Board Member – Oak Bay Police Board
- Past Secretary – Victoria Symphony Society
- Past Board Member – Victoria Golf Club