Alex McCrae is a partner with the firm. He practices tax and business law and received his law degree from the University of Victoria in 2008.
Alex has acted for individuals and companies in real estate, retail, health professions, construction, forestry, tech fields (gaming, design), accounting, law, public and other sectors.
Alex assists clients with:
- Structuring business relationships including Joint Ventures, Partnerships and Trusts.
- Tax compliance matters including Audits (CRA, Provincial Government), CRA Voluntary Disclosures Program, CRA Collections, CRA Requests for Information, Tax Appeals.
- General corporate and commercial matters including leasing, employee buy-ins, conveyancing, purchase and sale transactions, shareholder agreements, property tax appeals.
- Financing businesses, assets and business acquisitions.
- Succession and estate planning.
Before attending law school, he worked as Export Manager for a Vancouver-based Canadian Mining Supply company that supplied various South American mines. He subsequently worked as a Researcher, Negotiator and then Executive Director with the NWT Aboriginal Summit in Yellowknife.
In his spare time Alex enjoys spending time with his wife and kids, cycling, skiing, sailing when he can, or even just talking about it. Having grown-up in Edmonton, he remains a staunch Oilers supporter.
Alex has completed the rigorous Chartered Professional Accountant two-year In-Depth Tax Course (Part I & II). Alex is happy to field enquiries from colleagues in the legal profession and other professions regarding tax and other business matters.